Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Feelin' good...sort of....finally!

Yay, I'm finally starting to feel like a normal person. For those who I haven't been in touch with lately, after about 4 months of weird pain that nobody could explain, and after 2 surgeries, I had a third and hopefully final surgery on June 24th to have my right kidney removed, which I believe was causing my pain all along. Back in March, I started having some pain in my lower back and abdomen on my left side, had a ct scan done and found out I had a narrowing of my ureter, which was causing some swelling in my right kidney. The narrowing was caused by a blockage, what was blocking it is unknown, they think it was scar tissue. SO I had that done and then my pain on my left side came back, thinking it was possibly endometriosis or something, I went to my OBGYN and ended up going in for exploratory surgery. Didn't have endometriosis, but I did have a huge cyst on my right ovary that was about to burst. After a couple of weeks the pain in my left side was back so I had another ct scan thinking it may be kidney stones, it wasn't, but they saw that my right kidney had gotten worse and was pretty much not functioning anymore. So surgery was scheduled. They did it laporoscopically so I only had to stay overnight in the hospital, and I only missed a week & a half of work and just have four small incision sites. Whhheeewww, long story huh. Just wanted to catch people up because I know that there are lots of friends that haven't heard about the surgery yet. Anyway, I'm feeling much better and believe that even though the bad kidney was on the opposite side as the pain I was having that the bad kidney was somehow causing the pain....because the pain hasn't returned. For those of you who had already heard about the surgery, thanks for all your prayers & thoughts! :)

3 comments:

The Bronson Bunch said...

Wow! I didn't realize so much had gone on before the sugery! Glad you are finally feeling better.

Michele said...

Michelle, we are so glad you are feeling better. You are a tough cookie to go through all that and still come out smiling. Let us know if you need anything.

The 3 of Us said...

Hopefully, they have you fixed! That is horrible and sounds like it was quite the process! We hope you continue to feel better!